Tuesday, February 14

Flamingo Valentines

In honor of Valentine's Day, I feel pressured to do a post about what to gift your boyfriend that isn't awkward, how best to hide your love handles in skimpy and overpriced lingerie, how to manage your workplace status as a non-floral-arrangement-recipient, and other helpful tips to weather the day.

But I'm not going to, because I don't know how to do any of those things. (Yes I do: fancy whiskey, mood lighting, and pretend you're allergic. You're welcome.) Instead lets talk about pink, because Valentine's day is one big disgorgement of rosy tones.

As I've told you before, I don't like pink (despite the fact that it's all over my room and my closet).
But I do like things that are pink. Like cotton candy, geraniums, strawberry milkshakes, pink lemonade...mostly foods I think. And FLAMINGOS!
Dimdi Original Watercolor
Flamingos are great, all over, on everything. Did you know that flamingos are making a splash in interiors? Well, that's what I'm here for, to keep you on the cutting edge of interior design.
lifestyle bohemia
Wallpapers are a great way to incorporate animals. Unless you're daring, I think they work best in small spaces (powder rooms, entryways, closets) or young spaces (play room, nursery). But I'm pretty sure you're the daring type, so you could try this applique from wall & deco in a dining room (those Italians are daredevils)...
Wall & Deco Flamingo Decal
If you're not willing to do a whole wall, you can check out the gorgeous original watercolor paintings above (plenty more available on etsy), or add flamingos to your decor in a more tame way, like so:
Lava Pillow, kitschy living, Vintage Queen
Just promise me you won't use the flamingo power I've given you for evil. It can really be too much. 
Architec Home
 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Wishing you lots of snuggles and chocolate. I'll be hanging in, perfecting my mood lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?