Monday, September 24

Discover: Everlane

Everlane, a designer-duds-for-less t shirt company, is a recent discovery of mine, via my hip coworker. If you're a totally clean and classic dresser, which I've always wished I was, you're probably going to want to tune in for this one.

Here is their mentality: use the best products, create a simple, no-frills product, skip the middlemen and the traditional retailers (and skip their fees and upcharges, too). You get what would typically be a $50 t shirt for $15...not a bad savings. Considering my fave t shirts (Gap v neck pocket) are $20 a pop, Everlane is a great deal, designer or no.



So, I signed up. After signing up, I had free shipping (both ways, which pretty much means 0% commitment needed), so I thought, why not give it a try in the spirit of research for you all! You can thank me later.

The site itself is graphic, bold, and clean. The collection is well-curated, with only a few simple options. Some styles/colors will be sold out, but you can add yourself to the waiting list and get an email when they're back in stock. I wanted them now, damnit, so I ordered from the goods in stock.

Here's a classic V and a classic crew. They also have a box-cut women's shirt, modeled after a men's style. I ordered the women's v neck in small.



I also ordered their Ryan fit- it's relaxed, has a pocket, and is a different material, more jersey-like. It was $10 more, but at $25 it's still a pretty good deal. I know the slouchy t look is in, and I'm pretty sure that's what this company is going for, but I'm too curvy to wear this style (I look like a tent), so I went with the x-small in this one. 


For reference, the model here is 5'8" tall with a 35" waist...I don't know my inches, but I'm 5'6" and 140lb, so I'm bigger than her and bought a smaller shirt. Ha. 

My total order was $40. Then, I waited patiently for the arrival of my lovely shirts! The packaging was totally pared down- simple brown craft paper, simple black sticker with the Everlane logo. Chic. 




Here's an image of me in the shirts, for research purposes- again, I got the Ryan Fit (xs) in gray and the Classic V (s) in white. Sorry for the crappy lighting and messy room...it's Monday, what do you want from me?






 The Ryan fit is just such an amazing material- it already has that slightly slouchy look, without looking like a bag (something we well-endowed women resemble all too often). Maybe I'll try it in a small as well to see how that looks? The V neck is going back, I think. You can't tell in these pictures, but it was a little bit sheer on me, meaning I'd have to wear a cami underneath...no thanks. I also think it was too small.

I would definitely recommend Everlane. The Ryan shirt feels incredible and has a stylish, slightly looser fit (even in the xs)- I can't wait to buy one for D and snuggle up. And again, the price is just so low! I'd be willing to pay double for the Ryan, so I'm a happier camper with a new gray shirt. My friend J is looking into their tote bags and belts, and my co-worker R just bought one of the man totes and said it looks rustic and warn and totally legit. Let me know if you try it out, and what your experience is!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this intro. I love it. Btw I found you through your craigslist post on 3/11. It was so fabulous. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

how you like dem apples?