Thursday, April 19

DIY [succulents + CB2]

Have any of you heard about CB2's DIY Saturdays?

I've registered myself, my sister, and my boyfriend to go on Saturday April 28th. You can check it out here and RSVP for events in major cities. Here is the description:

Now that the weather is warm and the sun is shining, it's time to make the most of spring and all that it brings. Get your hands dirty and join us for fun, interactive sessions with local experts and our in-store associates.
On April 28th, you will have the opportunity to learn how to create floral chandeliers with Johnson's Florist and Garden Centers, have all your questions answered during a Q&A session with Audrey Weppler as she turns planters into art, and treat yourself to delicious Latin happy hour prepared by Dean & Deluca.

Well I'm sold. DIY projects involving flowers, yummy beverages and bites, and one of my favorite home good stores! Feel free to join me (DC friends?) or check out your own city and let me know how it goes.

I'm so happy this one is plant themed- after seeing this gorgeous succulent table idea at Far out Flora, I've been planning on incorporating succulents into my home.

Far Out Flora
Isn't that gorgeous? They used mainly sempervivum, sedum, and orostachys iwarenge, and I think the mix looks fabulous. They are like cacti (cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are cacti) in that they retain water and don't need too much light. I might mix in some aloe, which is a type of succulent, to help deal with the inevitable sunburns of the summer. 

DavityDave's Flicker
I've always hoped my wedding would involve succulents, maybe as a table-decoration-turned-favor? As far as "flowers" go, these guys are not feminine- they are so hearty looking, which I greatly prefer to delicate looking blooms. A quick search on Pinterest reveals the greatness of these plants, and how versatile they can be. I saw them as a wreath, cake decorations, in terrariums, in bouquets, as garnish, and so on.

Speaking of the great Pinterest (my mom use to call it "pin-interest, how cute is that??), click here to check out my "for a song" board (or my many other awesome boards) and follow along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?