Monday, March 12

DIY [hooking up]

I wish I had before pictures for you of this little number. I found a set of silver metal hooks attached to an L-shaped piece of wood at a Goodwill in Baltimore. It sold for $15, but needed some updating.

I painted the hooks with liquid gold leaf, since I'm totally over silver accents. Gold is where it's at baby! A bit of wood conditioner refreshed the look, and I used simple scrapbooking paper to write out labels, although they're not always used as assigned :)


Pretty simple fix up! Keep in mind that pieces you find at thrift stores can be transformed easily and inexpensively- I already owned everything I used to spruce this up. Although you probably wouldn't give this set a second glance at first, it's cute if you use your imagination and can see the potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?