Thursday, March 17

Bibliophile [catch up 6]


The Engagements, J. Courtney Sullivan. A book club read, and good for that setting, too. Follows several (5 maybe?) story lines, all involving a marriage/engagement/diamond ring at some point. The heart of the story is the real-life woman who wrote the DeBeer's ad copy, "A Diamond is Forever". I liked this a lot.


Astonish Me, Maggie Shipstead. I like dancers and the ballet, so I liked this, but I can't say it was spectacular. Some interesting characters and good plot development of the life of a mother and son, both of whom dance for the NY ballet.


Tampa, Alissa Nutting. Sexy female teacher sexually abuses her students. Thought it was a modern day Lolita, which is how it was recommended to me, but it is SO not. Just smut. Don't bother at all. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?