Thursday, March 3

bibliophile [catch up 4]

I'm not really doing these catch ups of books I read last year in any particular order, but this is a good set right here.


Rules of Civility, Amor Towles. I thought this was great, a little bit of escapism to late 30's America. Well written, great characters, just very entertaining. A fun romp you don't feel guilty about. This was a book club pick in Durham, and I remember half the group being not fans and half of us thinking it was great...


Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Jenny Lawson. One of my fave comedian/bloggers. I'd do each chapter as a short story, rather than read straight through, but it was great fun and I love her. Her second book, Furiously Happy, is out now, and her blog, The Bloggess, is hilarious.


AmericanahChimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I love this author- have you seen her TED talks and other presentations?- and I loved this book. A few friends who read it did not, so maybe take this with a grain of salt, but I was so enthralled by her perspective and thoughts on racism. Perhaps I'm reading too many old white authors, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?