Wednesday, August 15

bag it up [July Birchbox]


Everyone should check out Birchbox ASAP. Here's a round up of my July box.
Tea Forté® minteas - 3 pack
Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien
Color Club® Summer Pastels Collection
boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++
stila It’s Go Time Lip Glaze Trio
Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds

So, here are my thoughts.

It was nice to get a few extras, like the ear buds (super cute and bright) and mints (though I thought the flavor was a bit...odd).

I'm tired of getting perfume samples, since I usually don't love them and I have my own signature scent. I didn't love this one, as expected. I feel like I get them every other month, and I usually just toss them. I can see how it would be very helpful if you were looking for a new perfume, but then again, you can just head to Sephora and get a sample size of any scent you want.

The nail polish is awesome. It's a minty green, and while it doesn't chip badly, that could just be because I recently started using higher quality top coat (nails inc, from Sephora).

I'm on the fence about the BB cream, mainly because I'm on the fence about BB creams in general. BB stands for Beauty Balm (or Blemish Balm), and it's pretty much an all-in-one facial product: primer, anti-aging serum, moisturizer, and sometimes a foundation-like tint and SPF. I get it, it's convenient, but I find it hard to believe that each of those layers work as well when you smash them into one rather than layering and allowing drying time (which is what I usually do). Also, I tried the Dr. Jart BB Cream, and was pretty shiny by later in the day. I HATE shine.

Stila lip glaze- also didn't love. It was too sticky for me, which reminds me of lip glosses I used in middle school. Ew. Definitely not something I'm dying to return to.

When you're only paying $10 a box and you get a few things you like (ear buds! nail polish!), I consider it a win. I just got the email that my August box has shipped, which is what prompted me to report out on July. Get on board! Don't forget that you get 10 points for each review and 50 points for each friend- then, 100 points is $10 in the Birchbox shop of full-size products. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?